Established over 25years ago, GRID Consulting is a leading multi-disciplinary management consultancy firm specialised in providing consulting services in financial management system strengthening, institutional and organisational development, as well as human resource management services in the public and private sector both in Nigeria and across sub Saharan Africa.
Strong on providing tailored services in public and private sectors, our inputs directly support sustainable long-term economic and human development reforms. We work with corporations, state and national governments, major international development partners as well as the civil society to deliver our solutions.
Continued growth has created requires the recruitment of a number of Accountants to work within GRID as follows:
• This position will have overall responsibility for all internal accounting functions of GRID.
• Managing a team of six, the chief accountant will report to the managing director and will have the primary responsibility of the day-to-day operations of the accounting department including accounts payable/receivable, planning/forecasting, a substantial payroll, and the generation of management accounting reports.
• S/he will also continually monitor and report on the company's financial management systems as well as on all financial-related activities of the company.
• The ideal candidate should be a professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years professional experience in an accounts generating function.
• At least 5 of these years must have been spent in a management role with responsibility for overseeing the functions of other accounting staff.
• Strong knowledge of using computerised accounting packages is critical; as is the ability to compile, present and defend management and final accounts.
• In addition we require a good communicator with a proven track record of setting up accounting systems and strong Excel skills.
• This role is for a partly qualified accountant with a strong basic and practical understanding of accounting principles, who wishes to develop and progress their accounting experience.
• S/he will provide varied support within the accounts department, but at a senior level.
• We are looking for someone with a minimum of four years of accounting experience (post NYSC) who has developed relevant accounts processing experience during that time.
• S/he must have good communication skills.
• A self starter and quick learner who is able to explain complex things simply and provide a reasoned argument when necessary.
• Previous related work experience with a good knowledge of Excel and strong IT skills are also required.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTING TRAINEES 2
• This is a trainee position exclusively for accountants who are interested in consulting, specifically in the field of developing and strengthening financial management systems.
• This role will involve understudying our senior consultants as they develop, simplify and implement accounting systems as required by the client.
• The trainees will contribute to this process, and eventually lead missions into the field. As much of this work is done at grassroots level, these positions will require substantial travel around the country.
• The ideal candidate for this position would be a finalist or recently qualified professional accountant with at least 3 years experience in core accounting practice as well as 1-2 years hands-on experience in audit
• Substantive knowledge or experience in the use of computerised accounting packages will be an added advantage.
• We need self motivated individuals with an analytical mind, strong communication skills and a keen willingness to learn. .
Terms of Appointment
The positions will be based in Ikoyi Lagos, and will be subject to a probationary period of six months. Our remuneration rate are very competitive.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, should submit a letter of suitability setting out what skills & experience they would bring to GRID Consulting, their reasons for applying & comprehensive CVs together with contact addresses and telephone numbers all in electronic form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 16th of July 2010. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the 31st of July, with a view to the successful candidate commencing work as soon as possible thereafter.
Closing Date: 16th July, 2010.